The nomination process is now closed.
Thank you to the many organizations who submitted a nomination!
In honor of those who make Greater Cincinnati a stronger and thriving community through their philanthropy, we invite you to nominate your special donors and volunteers.
Presentation of Awards
Awards will be presented during the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Thursday, November 17, 2022 at Music Hall in the Grand Ballroom in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Submit one Nomination Form (below) for each nominee.
- Submit a one-page letter in support of the nominee explaining why you are nominating this person/group/organization/business.
- Up to five, one-page letters from different nominating organizations or individuals may be submitted in support of each nominee. Only those organizations or individuals that submit letters will be recognized as nominators. If there is more than one nominating organization or individual, please designate one person as the primary contact. Multiple submissions from the same or different nominators are encouraged to provide more information and/or different perspectives about the nominee.
- Do not submit audio/visual materials such as tapes, DVDs, and CDs.
General Criteria Guidelines
- Be as specific as possible in describing the nominee’s qualities, involvement in, support of, and contributions to a particular organization(s). Nominations may include the nominee’s additional community involvement.
- The AFP reserves the right not to make an award in any category.
Nomination deadline was Friday, May 6, 2022.
If you have questions please contact:
Spencer Mapes, NPD Chair, at email@example.com
Victoria Kuhlman, NPD Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Fedders, Awards Chair, at email@example.com
Admin Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Philanthropist of the Year: Presented to an individual or group with a record of exceptional generosity who: through direct financial support has demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility to a specific organization(s) or cause(s); has taken a leadership role in a specific organization(s) or cause(s); motivates others to participate in philanthropy; demonstrates a commitment of financial support through sustained contribution(s). The depth and/or breadth of support to other organizations will be considered.
Volunteer of the Year: Presented to an individual or group with a record of exceptional generosity who: through a devotion of time has demonstrated outstanding support to a specific organization(s) or cause(s); encourages others to support an organization(s) or cause(s); is a role model for other community volunteers. The total hours contributed and the breadth of organizations supported with time will be considered.
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Presented to an individual or group (through age 24) that has demonstrated philanthropic leadership by: learning and participating in philanthropy by planning and implementing a fundraising or volunteer program to benefit a specific organization(s) or cause(s); serving as role models for other youth and/or encouraging other youth to participate in philanthropy; demonstrating leadership in a specific organization(s) or cause(s). The level of commitment to service through philanthropy will be considered.
Nominees may include individuals or groups involved with your organization or cause who:
- Have organized a service project at their school to support your organization or cause
- Lead a young professionals or college campus philanthropic group
- Host fundraisers on behalf of your organization or cause
- Encourage involvement in your organization or cause through social media advocacy
- Have chosen your organization or cause for a school philanthropic project
Outstanding Corporation or Foundation: Presented to a corporation or foundation that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, innovation and through encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement. The total financial contributions and the breadth of demonstrated impact to supported organizations will be considered.
Lifetime Achievement in Fundraising: Presented to an outstanding fundraiser who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and commitment to the fundraising profession. Recipients must have at least 20 years of fundraising experience. Presented at the VIP Reception the evening prior to the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon.