Website Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum
Do you have a passion for the arts and nature? Do you thrive on building relationships in the community? Do you have experience with nonprofit fundraising in the Greater Cincinnati area? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
Pyramid Hill seeks to hire a community-minded Director of Development focused on long-term growth of fundraising and sustainability for the organization and its development program. The Director of Development will be responsible for meeting philanthropic goals through individual/corporate giving, major gifts, sponsorships, and maintaining/growing the Park’s membership program.
As the Director of Development, you will have a prominent role on both the Park’s Leadership Team and in the community. In addition, you will:
- Identify major donor prospects, sponsor prospects, and corporate/foundation-giving prospects
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, major gift donors, and sponsors (to include meetings, phone calls, invitations to events, tours, etc.)
- Develop and execute annual strategies for the Annual Fund Campaign (and any other yearly campaigns as needed)
- Develop, oversee, and execute annual fundraising events and one-time fundraising events
- Supervise marketing and engagement efforts throughout the Park, working with Pyramid Hill’s
- Marketing Manager to inform and execute strategy and assign tasks
- Cultivate strategies to increase new diverse memberships and grow retention rate for existing memberships
- Oversee donor and patron database, ensuring entries are made and maintained according to policy and cleaning data as needed
- Ensures appropriate donor acknowledgment, stewardship, and recognition throughout the year, sending these acknowledgements in a timely fashion after a gift is made
- Develop fundraising and membership growth strategies that are based upon industry best practices and/or replicable models in the nonprofit arts space
- Represent Pyramid Hill as a key ambassador in the community, building lasting relationships with donors, partners, vendors, contractors, funders, and officials
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional work experience preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in fundraising or community building in a non-profit environment required
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented approach to work with strong project management skills to manage a wide array of tasks and responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in nonprofit fundraising, especially in the arts sector
- Aptitude for and/or experience in managing a team
- Commitment to Pyramid Hill’s mission (“To bring people to art in nature”)
- Proven track record of holistic relationship building with donors, sponsors, funders, etc.
- Collaborative personality and team mindset
- Ability to attend events on evenings and weekends, as scheduled (Note that no travel is required, but peer site visit opportunities and professional development conferences are options of which the candidate is encouraged to take advantage)
- Report directly to the Executive Director
- Participate in the Park’s Leadership Team
- Act as staff liaison to the board of director’s Development and Marketing Committee, to include preparing reports, presenting, and making recommendations to the board as needed
Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park and Museum is a 350 acre sculpture park and museum located just outside of Cincinnati, in Hamilton, Ohio, with a mission “to bring people to art in nature”. The Park features both outdoor and indoor art collections, beautiful rolling hills and natural landscapes, a network of hiking trails, the iconic Pyramid House building, yearly exhibitions and events, and a suite of community and educational programming. In 2024, Pyramid Hill will also open an additional section of the Park called Fortified Hill to the public. Fortified Hill is a 2,000-year-old indigenous earthwork and ceremonial site and will feature associated tours and programming.
To learn more about Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum visit our website and LinkedIn page:
- Annual salary range: starting at $65,000 per year (dependent upon experience level)
- Health Insurance
- Retirement match
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 annual paid holidays
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.